chip2058
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Well, some interesting news others who are concerned about coding might find interesting.

I brought my car in for service because the hood wouldn't latch.

While in the shop, they applied a "recall" to the car, SIB 61 36 12. (Does anyone have access to the bulletin? I'd like to know what it was for.)

Two things: the reprogram wiped all the options -- disclaimer is back, weather band is gone, fob control of the mirrors is gone, etc. Second, the dealer didn't say a word about the coding and, apparently, the car took the "reset to factory" just fine.

So, those of you who are worried that your dealer will notice the coding need not worry any more.
Had this the other day too. It's a recall involving the FEM_Body module and electrical shorts due to the original coding (from my understanding). They rebuild the car to the latest version which unfortunately is 48.2 (which I don't believe is available yet).

They knew I had programmed the car because they commented on finding the OBD cable in my glove box while fixing trim. I don't think they care.

Well while I may have lost all my fantastic programmed options I now have the pleasure of seeing the BMW text logo on the dashboard when I unlock the car. What a fantastic recall! (sarcasm)
Appreciate 0