View Single Post
      12-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #498
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Well I finally got my car. I had a SA build just waiting to get on a ship and nothing happening so I got my deposit back from my dealer and went elsewhere because I found a car I wanted and my dealer wasn't interested in getting the car for me. I picked up a 13 M Sport with every single option I wanted except for the parking assistant (something I ordered as a novelty anyways). It took about a week to get my deposit back because the GSM was being an ass but I finally got it back. It took threatening to contact BMW USA and the BBB about what they did in order for him to finally give me my deposit back but I got it back.

Background about my dealer's screw ups (copied from emails I sent the GSM):

-I sent my CA the details of my order Oct 20 to place the order.

- I received a partial screenshot of the order Oct 22. It was not a full list of options ordered. I voiced my concern of not seeing everything and I was assured that the car was ordered as I asked....I then asked for a full copy of the order details and I did not receive that until October 31 and I immediately expressed concern about the HK not being there.

-My vehicle was in 112 status at that time and was able to be changed....I expressed concern daily and it was never changed in the over a week between status 112 and 150.

The misrepresentation to me as a customer was I was told I would have a car by Christmas. I even extended that to the end of the year and was told there would be no problems with that. I gave ample opportunity and suggested multiple times that I thought it would take longer based upon what I read about South Africa orders and I was still told that it would be here by the end of the year. I then sold my car based on this.

I offered to pay more for a car than the one I ordered to be located and shipped. My CA located a car for me but said she couldn't tell me where it was but it was outside of the region. You guys then tried to sell me the hybrid and I said no that I would pay more to have this car that the CA located here to me and was told that you were not interested in shipping a car here. I even said I'd be okay with sticking with the car I ordered if the dealership would provide me a loaner to drive from Jan 1 to when my car arrived.

So I offered the dealership where the car was located 1k less than my local dealership and they said yes and paperwork was signed within an hour.

Overall, very happy with my car!
Appreciate 0