02-12-2015, 11:22 AM   #12
GetYourWheels
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Very nice! Are they powder coated?
All of Vorsteiner's new VFF series wheels are now all pre-finished from the factory, so no build time and perfect finishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimminez View Post
Those look great. What offsets are they and which studs/lug nuts did you convert to?
I picked up the stud conversion and lug nuts from http://motorsporthardware.com/ Highly recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
The paint on the reflectors are off.
Haha, I knew that was coming... I picked up an extra set of reflectors which are at the paint shop right now. They didnt match well the first time they came back, so they're getting redone... so I just used the closest matching vinyl I could to cover the orange while I wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit View Post
Those are some serious BIG ASS RIMS for that car. Where did you get those? At PIMP my Ride?! (could not resist)

Those rims would not last a day in New England area.

Stunning! I loved the looks, I'm jealous.
Well they are flow formed/rotary forged, so they are stronger and lighter than the standard cast wheels on the market. These are pretty much the strongest option without spending $5,000+ on a set of fully forged monoblocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
Yes 8lbs per wheel is a massive savings and you should notice that. Looking at losing about 250lbs of unsprung weight.

Looks great. Just wish whoever made the BMW front lips would make them fit more flush in the corners on the 4 series. I wonder if you could sand the back part down to scoot it more against the bumper to avoid the gaps on the sides?

This ones actually a replica lip, the fits about 90% which I can live with. I'm just scraping it over everything so I dont mind it getting beat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
wheels look good but the offsets are a bit too conservative IMO. Are you sure the 20x10 wheel weigh 22lbs? Are these forged? Just curious...
These are flow formed, so they'll be lighter than a typical gravity or low pressure cast wheel.

I know Vorsteiner spent a lot of time perfecting their offsets so that all their fitments are able to tuck a full sized tire without rubbing or stretch.
I was worried about the 275s at first since I had 255s on my old set, but this fitment allowed me to tuck the 275/30, with absolutely no rubbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polished123 View Post
That looks awesome!
Appreciate 0