View Single Post
      11-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #109
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
The value for the '12 is NOT tied to what it initially cost the dealer or how similar the features are. It's LAST YEAR'S MODEL. The car should definitely be discounted way more than that. As stated above, down the road, it will always be one year older than the new '13 you could have bought for the same price (or within a few hundred dollars) and worth substantially less.
I dont think youre going to see as much as a difference between the '12 and '13s as you normally would with 1 model year difference. The 12 was essentially only a 6-7 month model run, and I think you'll see that reflected in resale values. Also think about your warranty, both 12 and 13 model cars bought this year will have warranties until 2016. There will be a difference, but I don't think it will be significant.

I would be more worried that you can get a '13 for invoice. Not even 1 year of sales and BMW is already selling their hottest cars at invoice. That sounds more like GM, Ford, Chrysler, and that worries me when I think about resale. Where's the pricing going to be 2-3 yrs from now? Seems like invoice is the new MSRP, at least in the US that is.
Appreciate 0