View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

I've had my V1 for at least 15 years. The range is amazing. I get bogie hits at least 1/4 mile in advance. You really need to match up to whatever your local constabulary uses. In my area, no one uses laser so there's no point bothering with a jammer. The majority use instant on radar. If I'm the only soul on the road I'm screwed, but that rarely happens. The beauty of the V1 is the directional indicators in combination with the signal strength and band indicators. I don't just "set it and forget it" when I'm running hard. I pay close attention to what's going on and look for potential traps. But the V1 has saved my bacon more than once when I've either let my guard down for split second or was distracted.

As an aside, the majority of the DOT departments in my area put radar transmitters on the changeable message signs at road construction sites. It's a nice early warning that there's something ahead to pay attention to. Similarly, a lot of farm equipment uses transmitters as well. That's VERY helpful on twisty country roads.
Appreciate 0