View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
I don't think the issue is to get Prius type gas mileage, it's to get more mileage than you would ordinarily get from your normal driving. Be it a 328 or 335

For example I had not used Eco pro mode on my current tank. I had to go to church with the kids so I started the car in Eco pro since I did not have time to go to the gas station before getting to church. My tank had about 50 miles to go and church is 25 miles away. I got to church and my tank still had 50 miles to go. On my way back I drive about 15 miles before filling her up and the tank at that stage had 42 miles to go. I was driving in the slow lane at about 60mph the whole time.

My graphs were mostly in the 40mpg zone, this is how I have fun in Eco pro mode, just watch those graphs go up. Speed is not even my concern, even though it feels like a corolla.

I am sure same goes for everyone who uses it, if not in the mood and would rather engage in other things like a conversation with friends or kids, just throw it in Eco pro mode, get better gas mileage as a bonus . There are plenty of instances in life when sport or sport+ can be used

I agree with you there. But it really does depend on where you live too. For me Eco pro is a slam dunk win on the highways and long drives. But around town on LI with the constant stop and go traffic it is just horrible. The car just feels so sluggish to me and around town I have found that comfort mode and Eco mode pull the same numbers and comfort mode feels much better on acceleration. It really does depend on where you are and what you want. Gas mileage is very important these days with the cost at the pumps up so high but if the MPG's are a tremendous concern then Eco pro is not the answer and maybe a Prius would have been for some.
Appreciate 0