View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
F30.ca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
After 4 years, if something happens, you're in for a big bill....but that ges for any luxury brand.

For every BMW/Mercedes owner with a horror story, there's another who's never had an issue beyond scheduled maintenance....so it's a tough calll.

I'm driving a 10 year old Lexus with 3 pretty costly issues I know about, none of them are preventing me from driving or making the car unsafe, so I am not addressing them. It'd be 600 to fix one problem, around 800 for the other, and the third, I dont want to even know.

What I'd do is ask the dealership what it costs to fix or replace common things like filters, belts, etc. and find out what an engine tune up costs and how often they're needed. At least that will give you an idea of what to expect.
Thanks for your input. I'm thinking since i put so little kms on the car it would be better to buy the car but on the other hand I could get a really good monthly payment on a lease since i'd be getting a 12k lease.

BTW tried to email the guy from redflag deals. He told me that he couldn't get a better deal than the one I have negotiated at Mississauga BMW.
Appreciate 0