View Single Post
      04-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
ATMNYC
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Active Cruise with MSport and THP?

Hi,

First post, but I am a longtime reader.

I was wondering if anyone has built a 340i with the MSport Package, Track Handling Package and Active Cruise Control. I have seen conflicting things on this site about whether it can be done, with some folks saying their CA told them no, but I don't see anything in the ordering guide indicating it's not possible. The online configurator automatically unchecks THP when you select Active Cruise, but there is no message saying that they are incompatible, so it seems like more of a software glitch. I tried the same combo on the 328i with no issue. I am trying the build on an X-Drive if that matters.

I'm about a year off from actually pulling the trigger, but if that combo can't be done then it may make me decide to hold onto my current 328i which has MSport, DHP and Active Cruise. I am frankly on the fence about wanting/needing the upgraded brakes and VSS that I currently have, but I basically just want the same car I have now but with the new 6, and I need both packages to make that happen.

I know that the question of whether you need Active Cruise on a car like this has been hotly debated, but it is must-have for me. I live in NYC and always have a bumper-to-bumper slog to get out of the city, where I can enjoy the true BMW attributes, and Active Cruise makes that slog bearable.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to your thoughts.
Appreciate 0