Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz26 View Post
Need to change my 5 series Touring in September and was hoping we would now have news on 3 Touring including if x drive and bigger diesels would be available at launch. My dealer says car is finished but appears Marketing is holding back information. Come on BMW please pull your finger out and give your customers some information otherwise will be forced to look elsewhere.
Launching in June. xDrive should come from Fall and there will be a 30d option without a doubt. Remember the F30 just started in February so it is not marketing issue, it is supply chain and the E91 is still being built they stagger sedan, wagon, coupe, convertible.

AS an aside- why on earth do you need xDrive in the UK? Am I missing something- considering the country as a whole sees very limited white stuff.
The 30d may no longer be a straight 6 N57 though.
I bet it becomes an N47 4 pot. It may have more power as a jumped up 4 banger but it would be so sad to lose that sound and feel. The N57 has been named best production diesel in the world countless times, and it's not difficult to see why!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0