Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan5.5 View Post
So my 2012 328i is starting to develop both a squeak and a rattle from the middle to right section of the dashboard. I am pretty bummed out , its only got 350 miles on it.

I going to take to a dealer this weekend, but wanted to know if you guys have any advice before I go.

Thanks!
Yep I know exactly what youre hearing and I know what it is since I work on new model development with my company im pretty knowledable about squeak and rattles. I already fixed mine and Ill be glad to share the info.

Youre gonna have to roll up those sleeves and take down some panels.

The 1st panel that is rattling is your passanger side kick panel. This is the lowest panel under your dash. its the 3 white push pins they move around and when youre driving the car and its around 1500 rpm the car makes them vibrate and buzz.

The other one is your under dash hush panel the one with the 12v accessory and with the light. you will have to remove this and use squeak and rattle tape. I know most of you guys wont have this tape but you can substitue some foam. Ill show you where it goes. Pics attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
Btw... They won't be able to fix
It... They will probably tell you it's normal... Or that you're hearing things... Good luck man!
Youre correct the dealer sucks at things like this. They always act like they dont hear shit. Really their ears arent trained to pick up things like this. You really have to know what and how to hear it.
Attached Images