05-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #14
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7 View Post
I installed the Dinan Springs 2 weeks ago and have had a grin on my face since. Just got my alignment done yesterday and boy has that made them even better. I cant believe how much of the body roll it eliminated. As others have said, this is how the car should have come from the factory.

As far as the install, let me preface by saying I do not have any formal mechanical background - really just started tinkering in thee last 5-10 years. I change oil, swap out my summer/winter wheels every season, and have done various cosmetic mods (blacklnes, reflectors) and installed a bunch of different BMS products over the years (JB+, OBX, JB), but it was a good thing I installed these springs at my friends house who had air tools and a lot more experience, because all of those other minor mods I have done definitely did not qualify me to install springs. That being said, it wasnt all that bad and with plenty of time to spare (and preferably air tools) I think i could do it by myself next time.

There are a couple threads on random tips and pitfalls - mostly detail things - but i followed a DIY for the e90 and that really was sufficient. The two toughest things were: (1) there is just not a whole lot of space up under the front fender to work with the spring compressors (we couldnt even get a decent ratchet wrench in let alone an impact) so you are left turning the compressor nuts with a regular old wrench, and (2) on the rear suspension assembly you have to raise the suspension assembly up in order to get this one particular bolt out which was just a little tough to figure out but easy once you understand it. The screw for the top of the strut is a little strange also and an impact gun made that a lot easier.

PM me if you want any specific details or a walk-through.

Here is the Video (from an e90) which was very helpful: http://www.f30post.com/forums/printthread.php?t=944121

Here is the thread on differences/challenges on the F30 suspension:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966817
Woah Thanks for the info !!

I am also on the same side as OP, where i want to lower my car but want the best compromise in terms of look, usability, comfort and price...

The shop owner i talk to, who has an F10 sport had his on H&R and recommended me the same.

I am considering Dinan Spring and swapping myself.
That would be most cost effective, saving on the labor, except for the Alignment.
Appreciate 0