cuiter23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2 6Spd

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Gee, it's a good thing BMW's are not reknown for their handling or that might mean their cars are getting, big, boring and overpriced like the loaner I got. C&D, which admittedly worships the 3, just found the F30 worse than a Lexus in a comparison which is like a nun thinking a televangelist is more interesting than the pope.
Why would anyone need a heavy steering wheel for manoeuvring in the city? Sure, I am fine with it because I am used to it but it is just not practical. This is not to say that the handling is not precise, the wheel is just lighter which makes commuting in traffic easier.

The only time you need a wheel with substantial weight is when the car is driven around the track and at higher speeds in which the sport mode is engaged. The F30 does feel like an E90 around the track and it is surprising how much quicker the newer 328i's are compared to the outgoing generation. As newer models roll out, there will always be people (myself sometimes) that criticize it for whatever reason. It just takes time for something to grow on to, I am positive that when the E90s were introduced the E46 owners had similar reactions.
[SOLD] 2007 E90 328i - Titanium Metallic l 19" VMR V710 l H&R Trak+ Spacers l M-Sport Rear Bumper l Mtech Rear Lip Spoiler l Hamann Front Lip l Eibach Sportline l AA N52 Signature Exhaust l OEM Blacklines l MTEC V3 AE l 6000K HID l Nokya 7000K Fogs l MTEC License Plate LED l Interior LED l 15% Tint l BlackVue DR380G-HD + PMP
2023 G87 M2 6Spd - HEA Package | OEM M Performance Carbon Wing
Appreciate 0