05-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
You realize that the base price with NO OPTIONS besides leather for a 328 m sport is 43,625? If you've ever driven a non M-sport 328 you will quickly understand that quite literally a honda accord has superior steering feel and handling.

So in order to get a car that handles "almost" as good as the last gen $30,000 328, you now have to spend $43,625 - and that's before options. To get a decently specced out 328 m sport, you're paying 50-60k for a car with 240 horsepower. That's just atrocious. You realize that you can get a base M3 for that, let alone a brand new loaded last gen 335.
Do you have a life guard nearby? You've quite clearly gone off the deep end.

I don't recall the last time a 3er was near $30k, but I think it was during the E46 days, or possible the E36 ti days. As for a fwd car handling better than a 3er, regardless of options, I'm sure you're just trying to raise eyebrows, but come on.

I'm not a huge F30 fan, but I also didn't really care for the E90. The E84 was purchased after being disappointed with the size and softness of the F30 and the previous E82 was purchased after being disappointed with the style and size of the E92. BMW going to a million models is certainly confusing, but they are selling more cars and they are offering more diversified products. I think your frustration, like mine, will be greatly alleviated when the 2GC arrives.
Appreciate 0