View Single Post
      04-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #11
norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

MrB and DrivenByE30,

Thanks for all the additional advise. Now I'm even more excited to do it and will definitely be there well before the track opens to get the spirit of the Nurburgring. Now I have a pretty good understanding of how things work and what to expect, allows me to plan the day well and take the most out of it. :-) I also found a video on YouTube by a British guy showing the whole thing from the parking lot, where to buy the tickets, entering the gate, doing a lap, the "fast lane" for re-entering, etc. It will definitely be one of the highlights of my ED trip.

DrivenByE30,

Thanks for the advice regarding driving, I will definitely be careful, I'm aware of the danger of crashing the car on the track. I'm mostly looking for some fun of dynamic driving, not necessarily for doing the track in the shortest time. You know when you are all focused only on the car and the road and just enjoy being in action all the time, shifting up and down, keeping the car on the right line on the track, accelerating, breaking, operating the clutch, watching out for your surrounding. And of course I also don't want to harm the engine and tires either... Ahh, can't wait to drive and own a manual car again, and especially drive it on European roads, where you only need to focus on driving enjoyably and safely and don't always have to watch out that you again exceeded 65 MPH, especially where you can very safely drive 85-90MPH easily... :-/
Appreciate 0