View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
DieselRocket
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d M Sport

Hi Derek,

I agree with Nisfan on the F3x being softer overall than the E9x. I tried several cars before ordering and, for my tastes, the standard M sport suspension without adaptive just doesn't give enough control and feedback when driving progressively. There was a sense of the car not being tied down, with a little too much roll and not enough vertical control. The handling was still nice, but lacked that extra level of control and involvement that is so much a part of driving an M sport 3 series.

My car has adaptive and the difference over standard is big. Comfort mode is significantly softer than the standard non-addaptive suspension (great for just cruising and chilling out, but not engaging) and sport brings a really incisive sharpness and a sense of planted control. I wouldn't have bought the f30 at all if it wasn't for adaptive - there was too much 'BMW-ness' missing otherwise.

Again, this is down to taste, but if you're anything like a keen driver, I'd put adaptive high on your list of options. You'll see that many magazine reviewers have made similar comments.
Appreciate 0