View Single Post
      10-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #56
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
A sport suspension that I still would not consider "sport"...maybe sport comfort?
18" wheels that I would essentially replace right away. But they do look nice.
Summer rated tires that are run flats....and would be destroyed on a couple track days and would need to be swapped (have swapped mine already).
I think the silver painted is the same cheap material as the sport trim....are they different? Weight savings?
Black headliner I could care less for.
Glossy b-pillar? You mean the ones that chip?
Only thing I like are the sport seats but I've tracked mine already and I did not experience any sliding around in my seat (I expected to be all over the place and was surprised - even on 3 wheels).

That would be $2500 that I saved and can be used towards real performance mods or track time.
I guess its all what the buyer wants but in the end I still don't understand.

You should come out to the autoX event on Nov 11 at california speedway and utilize those sport parts and I would like to see what all those parts do for performance gains - I mean really, marginal differences? These aren't M3's.

I see you are in CC, I'm in ktown - we can roll up there together. There are a couple others going in their F30s.
car won't arrive until like new years.... scheduled for production that week actaully. never autocrossed a car, do want to try it eventually.

as for the sport pack, well you are right all that stuff for a serious autox person is probably not that great compared to being able to pick your own stuff. the dash material on the lines is either wood or real metal so i guess there is a difference there by the way.

but yeah if you can get what you want for the $2500, well absolutely get what you want. i think basically the only thing i bothered ordering was the m-sport kit because i honestly like how it looks, plus its just sporty enough for me (that and i wanted the estoril blue paint), since im not like a serious autoX person or something, though who knows maybe i will get into it some day.
Appreciate 0