View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #222
bimmern00b
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G35x

interesting thread.

I am a Bimmer n00b, and currently drive an Infiniti G35x right now. The problem though, is that I'm only getting ~17 mpg and I am driving much more these days. After much research, I have my sights set on a 320d, which I previously thought was starting production in July. With today's announcement, are we more likely to get the 320d or 328d on American soil?

As an aside, I'm eyeing this car because of the safety, fuel efficiency, reliability, and superior German engineering. There is a lot of talk about brand status and whatnot ("badge whores?"). Those who are hung up on status are comparing themselves (bimmer owners) to those who are not. Those who are not typically don't understand the nuances of the various model numbers. As such, this elitist status really is a reflection of how you feel about yourself and what you feel your car says about you. Just an observation. Looking forward to owning one of the finest cars made, even if it means putting a minor ding in the egos of higher end bimmer owners.
Appreciate 0