05-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRyd View Post
Im a little tired of these skewed comparrisons between F30 328's and 335's. I also could care less about comparing e90's to F30's. Everything is relative and I am sure that whatever pre-dated was a better car than the e90. We all love our cars, they become a part of us. At some point you have to stop judging and start enjoying.

e90s are not better than f30s and vice versa. the 335s are not better than 328s and vise versa. These are all different cars aimed at different customers, whichever you choose you need to stop looking over your shoulder waiting for the next big thing and just enjoy your ride!

Kevin
I test drove a few (328i) F30s before settling on mine. The only reason I went with the 335i was the 6 cylinder engine - just couldn't bring myself to go back to a 4, despite how well it performed.

But to compare my 335i F30 to my 328i E90 would be grossly unfair. It didn't have iDrive, which I like. But I guess I am not a "fiddler". I haven't changed radio stations in 2 years (love Satellite). I don't use my iPhone for music, so don't have to fiddle with the iPod interface or try to select playlists while driving. Very worst case I have to pull to the side of the road and put something in the Nav.

My 328i had the Sports package, on standard 17s. My 335i Sport Line has the DHP, and is on BMW OEM 361 20s - and is still more comfortable and compliant than my old 328i. The old 328i had the edge in steering response though, and currently in braking too - but I only have 190 miles on the 335i. I think the pads/disks still need some bedding in to perform properly.

As far as the sound and performance - I am trying not to spend a huge amount on gas playing tunes with the 335i's exhaust note

The only part of this comparison that doesn't equate to the F30 328i is the engine sound. Otherwise, it's equally as good as the 335i, and if it had of been a 2.0 Straight 6 TwinScroll Turbo, I would have gone for it.
Appreciate 0