View Single Post
      04-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #259
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
So it seems a military guy over at the pricing sub forum has purchased a 2013 m sport over in Germany.

He claims the cost of the package is around $3500.
I'm not positive, but from what the dealer told me, this sounds about right.
So, compared to the sport line package, the M sport will only be about $1500 more. IOW, it's $3500 above the standard no package 3 series, not $3500 on top of the sport line package.

If that is true, then that's great, and priced appropriately.
For an extra $1500 - $2000 on top of the sport line the M will get a body kit, staggered unique wheels, special sport steering wheel, M sills, M foot rest, short shifter for MT choice.
The majority of cost if for the body kit as far as I can tell.

Also, the suspension question has become muddled.
I know South posted some comments on this, but it still seems like the STANDARD suspension for the M sport will be the same as the suspension included in the sport line package.
BMW states that the sport line suspension is lowered by 10mm.
BMW also states that the M sport suspension is lowered by 10mm.
But, I haven't read that the M sport suspension lowers it an ADDITIONAL 10mm from the sport line suspension.

I'm talking about the standard sport suspensions not the adaptive suspension.
South, or anyone who knows definitively, is the M sport suspension DIFFERENT to the sport line suspension?
Compare the standard M sport suspension to the standard sport line suspension, and not the adaptive suspension.

The ride in the sport line is quite nice and nicely controlled body motion.
If the M sport standard suspension is lower and firmer, that would be fine as the sport line could easily be a bit firmer and still have a nice ride.
Appreciate 0