shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek13 View Post
My car is set to arrive in a couple weeks, I have a couple questions after reading this.

1)I found a torrent file that got me E-Sys3.18.4 and psdzdata 47.7, is this the latest version that will likely be on my car? Does it matter if the versions don't match up? When new psdzdata files come out should I continue using these or find the new ones?

2) 04) Copy "est" folder from "\\E-sys 3.18.4\est" to "C:\ESysData\e-sys est"
What was supposed to be in the "est" folder? The only things inside my E-sys 3.18.4 folder was E-Sys_EST Pin folder w/ some rar files? Is this a step for an older version?

3)To back up the original settings you need to save the ncd file for each ECU? How many are there in total? Maybe I read that wrong...

Thanks for the help, I tried searching for these answers.....massive thread.

And is there anyone in the Indianapolis area that has done this before possibly?
1) You should if possible always use the latest PSdZData if possible, but so long as your PSdZData version is >= to the ISTA/P version last used to program your car, you will be fine.

2) You need an EST Token File, and the PIN that goes with it. Check inside the .RAR file for a file named "Code Away.est", and put it in C:\ESysData\e-sys est\Code Away.est. The PIN file should show it is 2690.

3) The number of ECU's varies based on your car's options, and some ECU's have multiple CAFD's, and some are not codeable, so they have no CAFD. My F10 has 34 ECU's and a total of 39 CAFD's (.NCD).

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0