View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
mkeath
Rep
Drives: 2007 Toyota 4runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrasty View Post
Suspecting the cable, too. I'll try a better quality one this time.
Try the Y cable without the aux in. The system shouldn't need the aux in to read from USB. What it does is it streams the music file being listened to from the iPod. With aux in, along with USB, the iPod/iPhone detects the USB and thinks, "Oh I need to lock down music so that nothing can access it except the system connected through USB." This is why you can't even play music on your iPhone 4. With just aux in, it streams the decoded analog data to your stereo that is simply amplified. In the case of aux in, think of your stereo as really fancy earbuds. However, I would imagine that, just as how the iPod/iPhone defaults to giving USB priority, the stereo in the car gives priority to aux in. Kind of silly if you ask me.

As for the stereo simply not recognizing Apple's official USB cable, that's just shoddy. There is absolutely no reason why that should happen if the cable still works with your computer. At least there's not a good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentin View Post
A little off topic but how is the premium sound package? Is it worth the upgrade?
I was actually wondering this myself.
Appreciate 0