11-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
S-Dot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury

From my cheat sheet (which may not be accurate), the classic line has:
- 17" wheels instead of 18"
- Halogen headlamps (upgradable for $1200 in lighting package)
- Leatherette seating
- No sunroof (part of Premium Package for $1850)
- Lesser option packages available

Plus the aforementioned sport seats are standard on the sport line.

The Premium Package ($1850) on the Classic has:
- Sunroof
- Through Loading system
- Burl Walnut trim
- Chrome interior trim highlight

Other packages are:
Lighting - $1200 (includes auto dimming, bi-xenons, ambiance lighting)
Navigation - $2000 (includes extended instrument cluster)
BMW Apps
Through-Load
Heated steering
BMW Assist
Rear Park Distance Control

The Premium Package in the 328xi "lines" is very different from the one on the classic. It's a $3500 package, and you get:
- Alarm
- Comfort Acces
- Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors
- Through-Loading system
- Park Distance Control
- Navigation
- Voice Recognition

There are many other different packages available on the "lines". I can add more if it would help.

----------------------

The Xenons are night and day above the halogen headlights.

Auto-dimming exterior mirrors are handy, but not a necessity.

Leather versus leatherette is less of a big deal than I thought. The leatherette is actually not too bad, lasts long, and cleans easily.

Otherwise, it's mostly about other gizmos and additions you want. I have lots of connectivity in my vehicle, which works for me, but isn't a priority for everyone. Same for the higher-end HK system. I love this, my husband has frikkin AM radio in his truck, and he's happy with that.

Both the classic and the sport 328xi come with the same "servotronic" steering rack, as far as I've heard. I don't believe there's a difference.

The upgraded steering wheel on any of the "lines" is much nicer to me. The only difference with the sport one and the other "lines" one is the colour of the stitching.

The sport seats work well for some, not well for other. If they're more comfortable for you, then they're a value. Otherwise, not. If they're not, skip the sport line and look at modern or luxury, because the only other thing you get with the sport line in the xi is different cosmetic touches inside and out.

Last edited by S-Dot; 11-29-2012 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0