01-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Not having done my research properly, I didn't order the Mobile Application Preparation option (6NR) as I thought it was mainly for Facebook, Twitter and Web Radio. Well seems it's a bit more than that, including enabling the iPhone 'BMW Connected' app.

Anyway, reading through BMW's description of the BMW Connected app in the iTunes store, it has this to say...

Please note: the BMW Connected app can only be used in BMW models with the "Apps" special equipment. A retrofit has been on offer for this special equipment since 01/2012 (NOTE: retrofit is not available in USA or Canada). Contact your BMW dealer for details.

As I do have the Professional Multimedia/Nav system (ZMP) I'm taking the above to suggest that a retrofit for option 6NR might be a possibility at some point in the future on the F30.... or am I just being wildly optimistic?
Don't do it Rob, the BMW apps is a waste of money. Mine doesn't sync 5 times out of 6, and even when it does, can drop out when making telephone calls. Avoid!!!!
Appreciate 0