Jimmy D. 2011 F-10 550i Sport, Black Sapphire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F-10 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
I think everyone has their freedom on how to spend their hard earned money.

The only part that I would add, is when you are in the market for aftermarket wheels, make sure you do your research. There are a lot of very high quality brands such as Rays, BBS, OZ, Enkei. But there are a lot of poor quality brands with not much engineering that market themselves as a high quality brand.

It's not about the amount of money you spend. There are products in the market that are selling for $3000 range that I would trust on my own car. I think that is the key, if your family members are in your car, would you trust the product that is on your car regarding safety.

HRE announced the new FF01 which will start at $2900 for the set. The product carries the customer service and quality that the HRE brand carries.

Quality has to do with the people who stand behind it, not just the price.
I definatly agree with you, HRE was my first choice, but really had to watch my budget, people of all different lifestyles have different budgets, some may spend more money on eating out all the time while others eat at home...or how many kids they have, and some have none.... I went with the BBS, I didnt get everything I wanted out of a wheel that HRE had, but I know I have good quality and the style is similar, I just couldnt budget more than $1,200. a wheel...after reading all the wheel horror stories on here, even with the way some of the companies took a really long time to fix a damaged shipping issue, I got spooked and HRE or BBS was the only way to go. BBS was a lot cheaper, and less than what I budgeted, but I sacrificed having the brushed and cut look that I wanted and had to settle for a bright silver paint.
The biggest thing though a few companies out their I looked at sell a nice looking popular wheel for around $1,000. but for some reason they are not bonded (insured) so if something was going to happen, being the wheels fault, I would rather spend more on the company that was bonded.
Appreciate 0