View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Thanks guys, really appreciate your input.

My local dealer had a customer M Sport in a week or so back, so I got to see it - but not drive it. Totally agree that the wheel and body kit is a vast improvement over the standard, and in my opinion essential.

The Luxury I drove seemed very ordinary I have to say, but I'm pleased to hear other GTI drivers have warmed to the M Sport.

My comments on fit and finish relate to things like gaps in the panels that come up in front of the windscreen, on the test drive car they were huge (5mm wide on one maybe 7mm on the other) and the pieces of trim moved when you pressed them. Also, the trunk (known was the boot in New Zealand!) had some pretty rough looking lining and hard plastics that were already scratched. Honestly, the GTI linings are of a higher quality in my opinion. General dash areas was fine, but I still think the BMW design is slightly fussy with lots of pieces, strips and overlayed sections which aren't quite my thing, but I'd get used to it.

After the Luxury, jumping back into the GTI felt nimble, sharp and great fun to drive, something was definitely missing in the car I drove. For me, anyway.

I think I need to test drive an M Sport, and soon!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0