derekh929
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe & F56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino at Work View Post
Derek,

Lots of opinions on here already but I thought I'd add mine. I had BMWs for 15 years, my last one being an E90 325d auto which was just awful in the bad winter of 2010/11. For a change I bought an A4 quatttro with the 3.0 TDI engine.

Whilst there is nothing essentially wrong with this car it just isn't a BMW. Where it does win hand down though is the 4WD. It's as if you get two cars for the price of one. In summer I love the way the system pulls you round corners as if you are on rails. It's different to BMW RWD and, of course, it's just a matter of opinion but I prefer it. In winter (and I go the whole hog and put on winter tyres) the grip and traction is just incredible - if you're currently driving a BMW auto on standard tyres you just wouldn't believe it.

So for all those reasons I would suggest that a 330d Xdrive would be a fantastic car for you. It's certainly top of my shopping list.
Thanks for your comment one of the important things for me is it is still sporty and fun to drive but practical as well did I just say that practical I must be getting old
Appreciate 0