View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
KevRyd
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Xdrive MSport EBII

Iv'e not owned a e9x but I have driven one on many occasions. I have the MSport with sport seats and the leather in this car is on par or better than the leather in the previous BMW's. its not Bently quality but inside it's relative segment it is very good qaulity, same with the other components. The Msort also comes with an upgraded steering wheel and the leather quality is much better than the standard. I am also confused by your statement about build quality? Fitment is a completely different issue than component quality.

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
There is a difference between a Steelcase leather chair for $1000 vs. a Staples Full-grain Leather chair which can be had for $250-$300. Just talking about the leather, forget the assembly/ridity/ergonomics and functionality.

I would totally understand if there are people out there who cannot tell the difference. The difference is there, the word 80%-100% leather has no meaning.

It is hard to stop complaining but clearly there is no alternative to an F30 for several other things it offers in its class. Sorry but interior quality is NOT one of them. Have you spent some time sitting in the F10 cabin? I imagine you have also gone though E90 and E46 generations, before you are making that assessment? If so, you probably have a uniquely well built car.
Appreciate 0