View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #63
F30SD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting on 335i MG Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I am unsure if they ever will have it available. Thing is, I have been reading reports for about a year that it would come, but it never did.. seems to me BMW is very much on board with Apple and not so much with other phones/OS's.

As for the app itself, I played a bit with it on my wife's iPad but deleted it again. It didn't exactly feel right to me that basically anyone could open my car without having the keys (not to mention our 2.5 year old daughter who likes to pay with the iPad without fully understanding what each thing does lol). If I ever lose the keys, I will simply call BMW Assist and provide them with my password and such instead. A little bit more hassle when needed but at the same time a little bit safer
When you were playing with it, were you able to select the precondition? Does this allow you to send a signal to your car and have the car start cooling down?
It gets pretty hot in the summer here in San Diego and I would love to be able to have my car cool down before I leave my office. Also I like the idea of sending directions from my phone to the Nav and not have to type them in manually using the idrive controller.
So frustrated they do not have the android phone working. There are now more people using android phones than apple...
Appreciate 0