View Single Post
      11-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince88 View Post
Mileage is the exact same between the X1 28i and the 328i Xdrive.
Same engine as well...

Still on the fence guys, keep the comments coming please...

X3 is a no go! So no use talking about it.

I live in Montreal and winters can get pretty nasty, got stuck a few times each winter with my e90 (non Xdrive)...
Watch it be a snowless winter if I decide to go X1 ! LOOOL
Based on what you have said, if canadian pricing is such that the X1 has more toys than the 328i and you have experienced getting stuck in snow in winter, then the X1 sounds the way to go.

Also in winter climates dont you get salt sprayed on the road? The X1 clearance and additional underbody protection would mean less issues with corrosion i would have thought?

If economy is a factor, the australian spec x1 xdrive28i uses 7.3l/100 km vs 6.3l/100km for the 328i. Real life economy would vary more. I notice the heavier the car is, the more fuel is used compared to the official fuel rating.

In your Situation i would ignore the economy factor and think about your winter needs and the value for money equation. You have your wife's car if you want the sports car experience.

Still, you havent yet heard from someone who prefers the X1. Maybe you should post in that forum to get their perpective?
Appreciate 0