View Single Post
      07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Which options will I kick myself most for not getting? Would appreciate your feedback

I ordered a 335i M-Sport, Estoril Blue a week ago, to be leased. As far as I know the car is still in 112 and I can make some last minute changes. I don't want to spend the extra money unless I'm missing a must have option that you all think I'd be making a big mistake not getting.

Here are the options I ordered and why:

1. Venetian Beige Leatherette- I have a 2 year old kid who most likely won't be in the car more than once or twice a month. Though he'd be in a car seat at all times I'm a bit paranoid about staining/ruining the leather. My salesman assured me there would have to be substantial damage to the leather for there to be an issue on turn-in of my lease.

2. Navigation as a standalone- Didn't get the technology package because BMW apps was useless to me.

3. Sport Auto- Nuff said

4. Dynamic Handling Package- wanted the better suspension setup

5. Sirius Radio after the fact for $277 with the internet website posted here.

Here is what I was close to getting but want to get feedback if any of you think I'm making a big mistake for not getting

1. Premium package. I've had comfort access on my last two BMWs and liked the feature. I also love the smell of leather, and living in Phoenix Arizona, my understanding is the leather breathes better and will cause me to sweat less. If I'm going to sweat a lot more with leatherette than leather I may need to reconsider. If I barely sweat more, then I'm OK with Leatherette I guess.

2. Harmon Kardon audio. I do listen to a lot of music, but it's all satellite radio, where the sound quality supposedly isn't as great as other media. I see a lot of mixed reviews from audiophiles and regular music listeners alike which swayed me from getting this.

3. Heated front seats. I've had these in my last 2 BMWs and while it doesn't get that cold in Phoenix, my understanding was that leatherette didn't get as cold as leather did in the winter. I did enjoy having these but I maybe only used them a few dozen times a year. My car also sits in an enclosed garage at night which helps. Interestingly enough, should I decide to by the car when the lease is up, heated seats are a must for resale. I am undecided if I would want to purchase after the lease is up.

4. Park distance control (or really any of the parking features). I've had PDC on my last two BMWs as well, and found it to be extremely useful; I probably used it daily. I'm sure I can get by without having it, but it was a nice feature.

5. Heads up display. I had this on my M5, and enjoyed it; was nice not having to take my eyes off the road. Something I can live without, and since BMW Apps has no value to me as an android user, I had a hard time justifying the $900 or so extra cost just for HUD which requires the more expensive tech package instead of just navigation as a standalone option.

6. Auto high beams. A lot of great reviews from people on them, was skeptical based on prior versions of this feature. Would consider for only $250 as a safety feature.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0