View Single Post
      06-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #21
mattu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3, 14 335GT, 21 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGBMW View Post
Very interesting reviewing your comments from Europe and America. I am a bit concerned about what I perceive to be a sales "flop" of the GT. First, no dealer seems to stock a 335, only 328 GT models- and few of those- (although that is largely true for the entire 3er range.) Second, in the year it has been out, I have seen perhaps only 3. Third, in the Washington DC and NYC Auto Shows, the GT was not on display. I even asked the guy who is in charge of the 3 series in NA about this, and he said everything is fine with the GT, but they only have so many slots to display all the BMWs. If it was a sales winner they would allocate a slot to the GT! What do you think about all this?
I think a large portion of general consumers have no idea the 3GT even exists...BMW doesn't advertise it. Layer on the fact that the lot cars dealers tend to order are base model (no line) with 17in rims to keep prices down, and you've got a recipe where people initially see the car and find it ugly like the 5GT.

BMW has further neutered 2015 and on 3GT sales because of how they positioned the 4 series gran coupe...It can be had cheaper because 3GT still isn't available as RWD. The 4 gran coupe is a better looking and more dynamic version offering similar utility (a hatch). Of course it has less space, but the point is it's not going to help perception of the 3GT.
Appreciate 0