09-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
spitpilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 230iX, 2017 X1 M sp X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Figueroa View Post
Welcome!

I'm new to the forums and the BMW community, so this post is all about me giving back to the community and helping out.

If you have any questions on the correct service and/or maintenance procedures or technical data... I will try my best to help you out. Just post with what you want to know and the last 7 of your VIN and I will get the correct procedures and save them as a PDF for you. I understand that not everyone can afford bentleys ridiculously overpriced service manual and not everybody has the technological skills or resources to install ISTA.

All data provided will come from the following sources:

ISTA/D RHEINGOLD 4.05.31 & SDP 4.05.

DISCLAIMER - I will provide you with correct information based on the information given to me. I am not responsible if you give me wrong information and/or you attempt a procedure and ruin anything in the process. I accept no responsibilities.
Can you find information as to the "electronic dipstick's" ability to measure "Oil Overfilled"? My new X1 owners' manual warns strongly about the dangers and risk of "severe engine/cat converter damage" if the engine is overfilled with oil...but gives not a clue as to what, if any warning will be given by the oil measuring system to alert the owner if this problem.

Since the X1 uses the same oil level sensor as the current 3 series (and most other current models as well) I came here looking for info and your offer of providing information from official BMW technical data sources should give me solid info on this issue.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0