norb335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbelk
Quote:
Originally Posted by norb335i View Post
Thank you very much for all the details, that pretty much answers all my questions. In this case, I will make sure to be aware of the opening hours on the given day and be there well in time and pay for the toll only there, that makes things much more convenient. Thanks again for all the info!
You're welcome. It will all make sense when you get there. Be mindful of your mirrors; the sportbikes can come up on you really fast. Just make sure to keep a consistent line and they can go around you fairly easily.

Honestly, the whole thing is not _that_ much different than driving up in the mountains, except that everyone is going the same direction.

Walking around the paddock area is a treat. You'll see all kinds of cars; from exotics to VW Polos (and don't be surprised if a Polo or Ford Fiesta passes you at some point).

Also, you can't even get a beer in the "grunholle" bar without using your Ring Card. You can add value to them just like you add laps. The whole facility is basically cashless.

You should also have dinner at the "Pistenklause" in the basement of the Hotel am Tiergarten in Nurburg. It's where all of the "Ringers" go for dinner after the track closes. Be sure to make reservations.

-MrB
Thanks for all the additional info, they are very useful and are greatly appreciated. Now I know where to have dinner too, my plan is getting more and more complete. :-) Thanks again!
Appreciate 0