02-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #26
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg330i View Post
To me, this unfinished opening and the lack of foglights on US spec M-Sport cars is really unfortunate.

I can't imagine that both could not be rectified so that the opening has a better looking cover AND the US M car could also have foglights.

I have a long list of gripes about the new F30 and both these are on the list along with black mirrors, xenon/prem pkg. cost, and others.......
Personally I love that it doesn't have fog lights. Remember the early 90's when most BMW drivers felt a need to drive around with the fogs on 100% of the time?

More cooling is more cooling, don't stick a set of lights in the way. My wife's 135i doesn't have fogs, just nice brake cooling tracts. I prefer this.

We lived in SoCal where the marine layer got pretty thick some mornings, but her car without fogs never had issues with visibility and my M Coupe, even with fogs wasn't as clear. I won't miss them and think the M Sport looks perfect as is. I'm sure fogs will be a dealer installed option before long, for those that would prefer them.
Appreciate 0