View Single Post
      03-30-2017, 11:50 PM   #24
Landsharc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I'm pretty sure the general public understand the costs of owning any German car. It's the first thing that usually comes up when you talk about these cars.

Never bought an extended warranty plan, but so far, count me as one of the lucky owners. Only thing that has happened was the water pump/thermostat but (which will die) and had an indy that I trust and know do it for the cost of the parts. Spark plugs, oil change, brakes all done myself.
Yes, the water pump is a known issue... you can always upgrade from the plastic impeller to a Metal impeller. And the thermostat should be done at the same time. If the water pump goes the engine could over heat = very bad.
I just got a 2013 335i that has a known hppp issue. I plan to mitigate it, if I can. Just do your research, I agree go Indy, and get an extended warranty. And if your vehicle is older, the secondary parts market like bavauto for things you don't want used or junk pull-a-parts are a good cheap option and you can pay others to retrieve them for you.
Appreciate 0