12-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by take1step View Post
It's been a few months now I've been running the Pure Stage 2 turbo on my 2016 428xi at 25 psi. I recently updated the JB4 firmware to "N20_OBDII_EWG_5_T2.hex" and like some others here my default boost safety changed to 36 psi and the N20 tmap sensor turned on.

I knew the car could push more and with this new range of PSI from the JB4, I did a few runs on map 6, targeting 27 psi & 30 psi and then on Map 7 (30+psi). I haven't really seen or read about other people raising the boost on the N20's, but I've posted a few logs for references and a list of my mods below.

It seems like 27 psi is the limit these little engines are happy with. On the 30 psi Map 6 run and the Map 7 run, I was getting misfires around 55k RPM and 45k RPM respectively and had to let off the throttle. It wasn't any better if I tried raising Meth additive to 75. That being said, I had a few runs reach 30+ psi but it was very inconsistent, if anybody has any other input to safely increase boost, it would be appreciated.

Mods: Pure Stage 2 Turbo, JB4, Eurocharged Back End Flash, Fuelit LPFP, ER turbo CP, BMS Methanol Injection kit (50:50), Injen Intake, Wagner Catless DP, AWE Quadtip Exhaust. BMS spacers, H&R springs. 94 Oct pump gas
Wow that's aggressive! I've long suspected that it's Tuning that killed other engines.

Did you also replace your FMIC? Or is that stock? I guess the meth keeps your charge cool.

You should get Bootmod3, then you can adjust the tune in the fly with a tuner over OBD, and won't have to keep removing the DME each time you want to revise.
Appreciate 0