11-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #26
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
Thanks guys, mind made up I think Goingt to phone the dealer first thing in the morning to see if I can still make changes to the spec. If so, I'll remove Internet, mobile application preparation, and windscreen with grey shade band; and will add on head-up display
With the mobile application preparation you get the additional USB socket in the arm rest compartment, I don't know if this is there otherwise so it could be worth adding this one or confirming the USB situation.

With regards to the other options, the surround view cameras and rear view cameras are great for getting into tight spaces and manoeuvring around tight car parks. My work car park crams in more spaces than you would think possible so I can vouch for the surround view.

The M brakes look great but I can't say in normal driving conditions I have felt any difference. They may well be better but I don't drive like Jeremy Clarkson on the Top Gear track so maybe they are under utilised

The HUD is great though and as much as I love my surround view I'm not sure I'd favour it over the HUD.

This option list is an ordeal that's for sure