12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Economist View Post
I was there to take delivery at 9 a.m. - my wife remarked that she liked the blue colour! I really like it as well but I went with white because I really wanted the coral interior and I wasn't feeling a blue/red combo, though I've seen a few pics and it's not that bad... but I still love the white/red combo.

I drove it for a while on the weekend; pure pleasure. It's a really refined sporting saloon - exactly what I wanted. I didn't even take it past 4k RPM - really easy cruising in Comfort mode.

My wife drives it most of the time (during the week) because she has to drive to work (I work in the core so I don't bother driving in). Her only requirements were that (i) the car has four doors and (ii) the car is automatic. So, needless to say, she's happy with it for her commuting purposes. And I'm happy with it for my more enthusiastic purposes as well.
It was a really hard decision for me in terms of colour. Absolute toss up between AW and EBII. Another one in the mix was Tanzurite Blue. If I would have gotten AW, the combo you chose would have been a no brainer for me! Yeah, my interior is black, with the blue strip and hex trim. BMW do make their cars easy to enjoy, so..... enjoy!