Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
I'm sorry... keep going on talking.
How's your GT86 working out?

It's a forum, if we were actually buying cars, we'd probably be out driving them, not in here talking about them.

We're in a BMW forum too, so I list the current BMW in the household, I've sold mine and haven't replaced it. I'm in no rush, I have a short commute and a beater, a bicycle and public transit. I want a good, fun car, not just the first thing to be available.

The BRZ STI would likely cause me to actually buy something, the 4C with all three pedals too. I haven't driven a new Boxster, but a used Boxster Spyder is nearly a perfect fit for my "needs". I've owned Miatas before, I love them, but unless they really get the FD right, I'd probably not go back. If it's just a warmed over NC, there's no chance.

I have narrowed things down though, I know I want something sub 3k pounds, I don't really want to throw more than $50k at it and it would be nice if it held it's value reasonably well.

I still think that convertible GT86 is less than becoming. I'm not a fan of four seat convertibles, they nearly always look odd. They would have been better off just cutting out the fake rear seats. Modern, high bustled cars just look odd as convertibles, this, like the Nissan 370Z, looks forced.
Appreciate 0