10-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #19
kalien34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e CB M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Do you have tire insurance? Those potholes could be saving you money!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahiniBmw View Post
i didnt get tire insurance bc i didn't think id need it but once my F36 arrives and probably going to get it. Saved me 1700 from getting the track package.
On my last CPO 2014 IS250 (18 wheels as well) I was talked into purchasing the wheel&tire insurance, and in the past 1.5yrs with it I only had 1 tire replaced (due to running onto a big brick of rock fallen from the truck in front of me on the local road), and a subsequent wheel corrosion causing air leakage after 6 months. Total cost for that would have been what, 400 bucks? I was in NJ back then and the road conditions weren't that great either. But I've learned really it doesn't make sense financially to sign up for that.

This time when I was at the dealership I was almost talked into signing up for it again (dealer quoted $1.7K for 3yrs). I already signed the lease, but decided to opt out and they managed to revise the contract for me so monthly payment was lowered.

I am so happy I made that decision. Well touch wood but I really think you need to be driving very recklessly to damage your wheels/tires to the point the cost would catch up with what you invest on the insurance...
Appreciate 0