JBH6612
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i coupe M package 6 sp

Garage List
2017 BMW 430i  [0.00]
If anyone cares, here’s my update:

Complained to BMW dealer and front driver wheel bearing was replaced. Tech confirmed no more noise. He is wrong. I pushed to 90 mph and humming/wop wop wop is still there.

Took car to discount tires. No issues with tires but had them do road force balancing. Found one wheel with 32 lbs of road force and threshold is 35 lbs. Got that wheel down to 14 lbs. Wop wop wop noise is still there at 90 mph. Feels like it got little better but honestly no idea.

Got my car aligned right afterwards. Decent amount of adjustments were made and tech test drove and confirmed the noise. He said no worries it’s just tire noise. I confirmed noise is still there at 90 mph.

My car is staggered set up, 225/19 front and 255/19 rear. All Yokohama advan sport a/s, front tires are brand new and rear tires are 1000 miles old.

I spun the rear wheels with my hands while it was lifted. Saw the driveshaft move with some clicking sound while it’s spinning. Doesn’t sound abnormal. But maybe at high speed that clicking sound is amplified. I really don’t fucking know anymore.

Am I paranoid, too anal, or flat out wrong about the wop wop wop sound that I hear at 90 mph?

Help
Appreciate 0