View Single Post
      07-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #45
f1swk
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproudfoot View Post
Try not to let other people influence the decision over which engine to get too much - it's a very personal choice and if you have test driven the 320d, you'll know whether it meets your needs or not. The 330d is great, no doubt about that but how much do you need that extra power? At the rate we're going, we'll be driving like robots soon anyway (see the recent news regarding the implementation of permanent average speed cameras up the A9 from Dunblane to Inverness).

I found the F30 320d to be as quick, if not quicker than my old E46 325i (I also had an E46 330d and 330Ci as a basis for comparison) and yes, while it doesn't sound as good, neither do any of the diesels regardless of the number of cylinders. Drive it, and if it feels sluggish to you or the sound unacceptable, the 330d is probably a better match for you, if not, you can't really go wrong with a 320d (or 325d).
the average speed cameras should fine everyone and thing that cant manage to average at least 50mph,then the accident rate would drop,but we can only hope that is what they will be used for