Thread: BMW going down
View Single Post
      04-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #13
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Turbo 4cyl are the best thing that happened to entry level BMWs. For the enthusiast you no longer have to spend an arm and a leg for noticeable power gains and its just plain easier to make big power starting off with a power plant built from the ground up with forced induction. For BMW EPA standards and gas mileage targets will be much easier to meet with 2.0L turbo 4cyl. A 2.0T has worked for damn near EVERYBODY.

As for magazine test. Since about 1990 I've been reading in all the major car magazines how much better the BMW chassis and driving experience was compared to the competition and watching it (no matter the model/year) win nearly every comparison. You can imagine how stoked I was when I got my e92 335i to experience this magic. After owning it 6 months now (complete with coilovers at this point) I'm now convinced payola HAD to be going on. Its okay but its hardly the razor sharp carving device I was led to believe. If the F30 is less sharp and connected than this its no wonder Audi is winning comparisons. My MKV GTI was just plain more fun to drive than the e92. It sure is pretty though!
Appreciate 0