12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #252
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by noro View Post
It's all over. I am glad this car is out, because I had hard time justifying moving to a 911 but BMW made this choice very easy for me.
You mean that small brand owned by VW that issued a 245ps VW diesel SUV plus a large 4 door hatchback looking like a cow? Good catch

Seriously, this thread is becoming pretty annoying, looks like a bunch of (mainly American) teenagers just discovered how sex works (I mean the market) and are disappointed about it... Look at how many luxury/sport brands went downhill, BMW CANNOT remain independent if they do not satisfy global demand. And if you want your 3 Series and M3 to remain at the top of the game, then accept the rules of the game*. Or get a radical sports car (if your wallet allows it) with no room inside for your kids or your luggage.

PS: I wonder how many of you mind about these 2 coexisting in the same range:

* For those who argue that the 3 Series no longer is at the top because the ATS handles better, remember the very first tests of the F30 which unanimously called it the best ever 3 Series, handling awesome and at the same time much more comfortable than the E90. Then the ATS came, which is seemingly tuned sportier. But this is a deliberate choice from BMW, they could have made the F30 stiffer, sharper, but remember the 3 Series is a global car which sells in millions of units and the chassis tune had to find a balance to satisfy enthusiasts as well as everyday drivers. By the way, why didn't those comparos against the ATS (great car too otherwise) stress that the BMW has something called SPORT and SPORT+ modes? Did they even use those modes before saying that the Caddy was handling better??

Last edited by advantage20; 12-03-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0