View Single Post
      12-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

lack of handling on base 328 xdrive

this is my 3rd bmw, i had an 08 528 and 09 328 prior. both had base suspension, which i found perfect for my needs commuting daily from brooklyn to midtown manhattan. Both were RWD.

The F30 base with xdrive i have now feels much different. Bigger, softer , boaty, floaty, arcade steering, weird brakes. I do not like putting the car in the sport mode, i find the engine response to be too much. Throwing the gear stick to the right has the same effect on throttle system.
I regret not getting the DHP, which i think would have helped a lot.

However, i believe it was mentioned before, if you disable DSC completely handling becomes much more enjoyable. I wonder if anyone is knowledgeble about how it's achieved.

I suspect more torgue is distributed to the front axle, the car feels more planted on the road, and feels more like full time all wheel drive. The steering is harder, however steel lacks feedback. The combination of these two create a feel of a tighter suspension, although i realize suspension is passive and it's settings cannot be changed.

I would only deactivate DSC on a dry road, maybe on occasion in the rain just for fun, never in the snow, unless stuck, or again just to have a bit of fun.

Does anyone know exactly how this functions? Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0