View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_F30 View Post
Not everyone has the luxury of having a local track near them. Fact is most get a car like a 335 because of it's performance nature...plain and simple. I will say there is a time and place to push the car...If you want to call it that as anything can happen but I think most on here are bright enough to not hit triple digits in a school zone.
That's like saying I bought a gun but don't live near a range, so it's ok to shoot it on the streets. It's not like anyone forces people to buy 335s. I bought a 328 exactly because I knew I would use the full power of the 335 maybe at most once or twice a year, and that wasn't worth it.

Yes, there is a time and place to push a car, but that is NEVER on a public road. I don't care if drivers endanger themselves, that's the risk they assume, but it is NOT okay to endanger others around you. If you don't live in an area where you can legally drive a sports car to its limits, and that's a dead set requirement you have, then maybe you should consider a different car, or a different neighborhood.

You don't have to think you're driving dangerously to actually be driving dangerously. No one who was ever involved in an accident ever said afterwards "yeah I knew I was gonna get into that accident, but I went for it anyway".
Appreciate 0