View Single Post
      12-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by woderd View Post
I have my ipod plugged in the car and I notice I can switch songs from the dash (this is very annoying having to reach over when changeling songs)

Is there a way to switch songs using the steering wheel? I notice if I use the right roller it just shows the name of the same and if I press it then it repeats the song.
If you have the advanced USB (I forget if it's 6NR or something else) and nav (so you also have voice control), try this:

1. Say, "New search". System responds with something like, "All categories have been reset. Choose a category or say, 'start playback'."
2. Say, "Play." DO NOT SAY "Start playback."

This took me nearly forever to figure out, but the difference between "Play" (a menu item) and "Start playback" (a voice-only command) is the difference between resetting what iDrive thinks is the playlist and adding to the playlist.

IOW, if a song is playing and I start a new search with voice commands to select a song by title, "start" plays that song immediately and "start playback" returns to the song that was playing and adds the song I searched for to the playlist.

Or at least I think this how it works. I sure wish BMW documented the difference between something that appears on the screen during a search that can be voiced (like the "play" command) and a voice-only command (like "start playback.")
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0