02-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #2496
f302012sold
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
The part prices are ex.taxes (e.g. there's no tax in HK) & priced in euros. It assumes u're ordering the part at a German dealer.
AFAIK the PRC-spec CIC has a higher GPS margin of error (due to laws in China), plus it's not available with DAB+ (even tho it's on-air in PRC & HK).
Don't even think abt adding HK country controller to the VO, it disables album art & office. Wht the guys did was removing HK country controller & then changing one of the ecu's locale to HK. The aim is to re-enable office & album art (removing VO) & re-enabling chi support when idrive is set to eng (changing locale, necessary after removing VO), & it works on HK-spec non-nav F10 & F30 (Asian fonts support already built-in regardless of language setting before coding).
Kon already tried changing locale & it didn't work for him.
Thanks @clarence. what a sad news.

I tried everything i could, no avail.

Looks like you are right, the difference for asian and eu/us CICs is in the system level. i was so confident that it could work was because i remember a while ago when i looked at the system architecture paper for QNX and learnt that unicode and international localisation is outofbox in the kernel level so there must be a way of enabling it, it is unfortunately we probably can't do it via changing FDLs.

@shawn, do you still have the info regarding telnet or ssh into the cic terminal? lets be hardcore on this shit.

thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0