12-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
Thanks for the info Realistically I'm thinking it won't make the boat tomorrow (5th) so will likely be on the boat on the 11th, which arrives in the UK on Friday 14th. 2-3 days to get to and leave Thorne, and a further 2-3 days to get to my dealer, so delivery to my dealer around Christmas Eve (hopefully a couple of days sooner so no staffing issues etc.) - do you think that sounds realistic?

Apparently you can track the car on the ship using the VIN, when it's actually been loaded onto the ship. This works for the guys in the US so I see why this wouldn't work for us, given it's a European shipping company?
It all sounds plausible enough. You may be pleasantly surprised and it takes a different route so manages to get on an earlier ship.

I think the trouble with tracking UK cars is that you don't know which port it's leaving or which ship it will be on. When I was trying to track mine it wrong footed me and was landed even before I thought it would be on the ship. All the tracking I did came to nothing! It kept me entertained though during those last couple of weeks of waiting