View Single Post
      11-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

What is the weak link in M Adaptive Suspension?

So on my car, there are a few things I notice that bug me about the suspension.

1. Driving over small bumps or train tracks while accelerating unsettles the suspension and the TC light comes on

2. There is a change in pavement material on the freeway near my house and the pavement seems like it's raised about an inch where it changes. When I go over it, the car really hits it hard. Stiff rebound maybe?

3. Going into dips and bigger bumps on the freeway, it feels like the steering goes light a bit. It's just not very confidence inspiring.

All that being said, it's not exactly soft, it's still pretty stiff in sports mode, as you can feel all the little imperfections in the road.

So...what will address these issues? Is it the springs? Dampers? Sway bars? Or is it my rims? I put M3 rims that had +18mm outset in the back and +11mm offset in the front. The fronts are wider so the inside offset is only +1mm out. In the back, they are still 8.5 inch, so they are just pushed out by 18mm. I feel like the bottoming out and steering going light became worse after the rims, but that could be placebo.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0